Last updated: December 2019
Where we offer our products for sale online or by phone through the Vacheron Constantin Client Relations Center, you must read the applicable Conditions of Sale, which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
Personal information means information that is recorded electronically or otherwise and can be used alone or in combination with other information to recognize the identity of a natural person or reflect a person’s activities. Sensitive personal information means information that, if leaked, illegally disclosed or abused, may lead to bodily harm, property damage, reputational harm, personal heath damage, or discriminative treatment of a person.
a. What personal information we collect
We may collect, store, transfer and use various personal information, including sensitive personal information, from you as detailed below:
· To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit basic personal information about yourself (including your name, gender and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). We may also collect the digital identification information (including system account number, IP address, email address and relevant password and password protection answers). By entering your details in the fields requested and registering with us, you enable Vacheron Constantin to provide you with the services you select;
· When you purchase products online or by phone, we collect information such as your purchase details (including the merchandise and price, the seller, the time when the order is placed, the order code and status), relevant payment information (including bank account details and payment status) and delivery information (including recipient’s name, address and telephone number), to process your order, to deliver products and services, process payments, to update your purchase status and records;
· We will collect personal information (including your name and your telephone number) from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit a Vacheron Constantin boutique, contact the Vacheron Constantin concierge by telephone or emails in order to match our existing records and provide personalised services for you; and
Providing us with personal information laid out above is voluntary but we may not be able to process your order and send you the required order acknowledgement and shipping confirmation notice if you do not provide us with certain requested information.
The following personal information we collect from you is optional, though it means much to our improvement of service quality and development of new services/products. You may opt to object our collection, contact us at any time to cease the collection or use of such personal information and not to activate relevant functions:
· When you contact us by telephone or when you use live chat function on our Platforms to contact customer services, phone calls and online chat history with us will on occasion be recorded for security, evidencing, training, quality monitoring, anonymised text analytics and development purposes; we may also collect your precedent operations and track of activities on the Platform when you use the live chat function to facilitate our response to your inquiries and to improve our customer services;
· We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below;
· We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location information” below;
· We may supplement information we collect about you with marketing and demographic information which we receive from third-party companies, in addition to other information which is available in the public domain or which we are lawfully permitted to be provided with, in order to better understand the interests and preferences of our key customer and improve our service to our customers; and
We will also collect sensitive personal information: such as your financial information (including transaction records), facial recognition features, individual identification information, digital identification information (including platform account number, account nickname, email address, relevant password, password protection questions/answers), and other information (including contact list, personal telephone number, mobile number, marriage status, communication records, chat history, tracking, browsing history and geographical location.
b. How we will use your personal information
We will use the information we collect from you to manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, refund, provide after-sales services and for other purposes laid out below:
· Manage our accounts and records;
· Deal with your enquiries and requests;
· Send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
· Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
· Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
· Conduct market research, analysis and demographic studies, together with de-identified personal information, to analyse, profile and monitor customer patterns so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
· Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure;
· Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings;
· Conduct indirect and/or direct user profiling for the purposes of improving the services we provide to our customers and, where we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable laws or we have obtained your consent to do so, sending you marketing information on our products and services which may be of interest to you (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
· We will share or transfer your personal information in the occasions and by means as described in the section headed “Sharing and transferring your information” below; and
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
· First party cookies, served directly by Vacheron Constantin to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by Vacheron Constantin to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
· Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Vacheron Constantin uses both 'session cookies' and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
What cookies does Vacheron Constantin use?
The Platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
Type of Cookie
Cookies necessary for essential purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Platform and the pages that they visited on our Platform.
We use this information to help run our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform.
When you visit our Platform or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platform these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
How to control or delete cookies
You can set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Platform cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
We collect and use information about the device you are using to connect to our online services, including services on our site, application or any interactive content. This information typically includes the type of device you are using, your internet browser, your location or the application running on your device. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these location services should you no longer wish to benefit from them. When you enter in a store or attend an event, we may also use technologies that connect to the functionality on your device (typically your mobile phone) such as Bluetooth and GPS and collect information based on Wi-Fi and other in-store technologies.
a. Third parties for Software Development Kit (“SDK”) or Application Programming Interface(“API”)
In order to facilitate the account verification, the online payment and booking delivery service, or to withdraw map data, we may incorporate third party’s services within this Platform, and such third party may directly collect from you some data out of our control. We will mark such services/functions as “provided by third party”, and also require such a third party to obtain your consent and to respond to your requests in accordance with applicable laws.
b. Third parties for advertising
The Platforms use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads by visiting the third party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
Sharing and transferring your information
Without your express consent, we do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
· we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”. We will use reasonable efforts (e.g., through contractual arrangements and regular reviews of security impact assessments) to ensure that the third parties have adequate data security measures in place to protect your personal information;
· we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect the severe legitimate rights of us or of any third party, in which case we are not obliged to seek your prior consent;
· we will disclose your personal information to any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will notify you in accordance with the law, and use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information continue to perform its responsibilities and obligations as a personal information controller and, if it changes the purpose of use, seek your express consent again before any such uses; and
· we may also share aggregated or anonymised information that does not directly identify you.
Protecting your information
If unfortunately, any data leakage or distortion happens, we will stick to the applicable laws and take all reasonable countermeasures and remedial measures to minimize the effect on your lawful interests, including informing you of such accident and the corresponding advices to you.
Access and correction: Unless applicable law prohibits or limits you to do so, you have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, or to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information.
Deletion: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal information we collected, if our collection or use violates any applicable law or against your consent, or if you wish to cancel the registration or no longer use our Platform, or our Platform no longer serve you]. [We would like to note some information is indispensable to some functions on this Platform, if such information is deleted, the corresponding functions will turn inactive.
Changes: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information. However, the corresponding functions at our Platform may accordingly turn inactive for you, and our processing prior to your revocation will remain unaffected. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status), or to shut down some customized promotion information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below. You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Vacheron Constantin marketing e-mails. We will respond to your requests within a reasonable time period, no later than 30 days thereafter.
Retention: We will only keep your information as long as necessary to serve the purposes laid out above or by applicable laws. We may need to retain certain personal information even once a customer account has been closed or deleted to enforce our terms, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping purposes. We may also retain a record of any stated objection by you to receiving Vacheron Constantin updates for the purpose of ensuring we can continue to contact you further. Should you wish to cancel your account or otherwise unsubscribe from our Platforms, unless local legislation requires a different retention period, we will delete or anonymize your information and have the overseas transferees delete or anonymize the same within a reasonable period (subject to any local law requirements) upon receipt of your request. Your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced.
The Platform is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 14, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14, you should not use the Platform and should not submit any personal information to us. In case we find that you are under the age of 14 but you submit your personal information to us, we will terminate services to you (including account cancelation), and delete such personal information as soon as possible.
Unless you make unreasonably repetitive or unreasonably burdensome requests, our responses to your requests will not charge you in any way. And, we may reject your request if it violates confidentiality of business secrets, abuses your rights, involves malice, or conflicts with social welfare, public security, other persons’ legitimate interests, or our obligations under applicable law,
Tel.: +41 (0)22 930 2005