Arts and Crafts French National Institute (INMA)
For Vacheron Constantin, promoting arts and crafts professions is more than a commitment, it is a duty. Since 2011, the manufacture has been supporting the activities of the Institut National des Métiers d’Art (Arts and Crafts French National Institute) and in particular, its “Journées des Métiers d’Art” (Artistic Crafts Days) which safeguard, promote and transmit the culture of the 217 sometimes centuries-old trades listed by the institute.
Reflecting the growing interest of the public and professionals alike, the 2011 edition of the “Journées des Métiers d’Art” (Artistic Crafts Days) received over 1.3 million visitors in Paris during the exhibit’s three days. Given this unprecedented success, the “Journées des Métiers d’Art” (Artistic Crafts Days) were expanded to include all of Europe the following year.
About the Arts and Crafts French National Institute
Created in 2010, the Institut National des Métiers d’Art (Arts and Crafts French National Institute) is a unique structure serving as a reference point for arts and crafts, and was placed under the authority of the Ministry of Culture and Communication, of the Secretary of State for Trade, Craftsmanship, Small and Medium Enterprises, Tourism, Services and Consumption, and of the Ministry of National Education.
About the “Journées des Métiers d’Art” (Artistic Crafts Days)
The “Journées des Métiers d’Art” (Artistic Crafts Days) were created under the impetus of the Ministry of Craftsmanship in 2002 in order to encourage the public to take a new look at these trades and their values of modernity and innovation, to introduce them to young people, to identify them as trades for the future, to contribute to the economic development of this sector and to stimulate new career interests.
Key Dates in our Patronage:
March - April 2012: “Journées Européennes des Métiers d’Art” (European Artistic Crafts Days) with three major events in France, Italy and Switzerland
- “Mémoires d’Avenir” exhibit in Paris with the underlying theme of transmission, a value that is dear to the heart of Vacheron Constantin.
- “Capi d’Opera” exhibit which pays tribute to the excellence of arts and crafts in Lombardy.
- Support for the grand opening of the Ateliers du Grand Théâtre de Genève.
April 2013: “Journées Européennes des Métiers d’Art” (European Artistic Crafts Days) with four important events in France, Italy, England and Switzerland.
- An exhibition in Paris in partnership with the Arts and Crafts French National Institute (INMA) at the Tokyo Palace: “Temps de Creation”.
- An exhibition in Milan in partnership with the Fondazione Cologni dei Mestieri d’Arte: titled “Arts & Crafts & Design – Time according to Alessandro Mendini and his Artisans”.
- An exhibition in London, in partnership with Walpole, titled “Crafted - Makers of the Exceptional”.
- An exhibition in Geneva in partnership with the City of Geneva, on the theme “L’envers du décor”. In particular, Vacheron Constantin will participate in the exhibition at the Geneva Art and History Museum.