The historic site of Vacheron Constantin has been located in the Saint-Gervais district at the heart of the city of Geneva... since 1755 !
After occupying various workshops, Vacheron Constantin found its definitive home in 1875 on the Quai de l'Ile, in a building commissioned by Jean-François Constantin, nephew of one of the brand founders François Constantin, and designed by architect Jacques Elysée Goss, who also created the "Grand Théâtre de Genève".
Today, in the very same place, the Maison Vacheron Constantin en l'Ile houses an exclusive boutique, the brand archives, tools, machines and watches ranging from 1755 to the present day, as well as a workshop dedicated to the Professions of the art of watchmaking (and featuring an engraver and a beveller), to the restoration of antique watches and, in the future, a "Cabinotiers" workshop devoted to fulfilling special orders (personalised or custom-made watches).
The premises are intended to provide a spacious, serene and dynamic setting conducive to interaction between the two floors linked by a broad atrium and facilitating the cohabitation of the current collection with antique watches, in order to convey the essential values of the brand and its origins.
On the first floor, watches, machines, original period furniture and archives sum up a quarter of a millennium of watchmaking history, adopting a didactic approach that enables visitors to comprehend the history of the brand through temporary theme exhibitions. A library lounge is incorporated within this highly cultural environment, run by a team entirely dedicated to the brand Heritage and available to assist with any requests to consult the resources available.
The continuous presence of Vacheron Constantin on the "Quai de l'Ile" for almost 130 years is as unique and exceptional as its stature in the history of watchmaking: the greatest living testimony to the development of watchmaking, spanning 250 years of history.
Vacheron Constantin Temporary boutique
1, place de Longemalle
CH - 1204 Geneva
Tel: +4122 316 1740
Fax: +4122 316 1741
7, Quai de l'Ile
CH - 1204 Genève
Tel: +4122 316 1755
Fax: +4122 316 1780