September 2012 - Vacheron Constantin celebrates the 100th anniversary of its Tonneau-shaped watches in Asia
August 2012 to December 2012 - Vacheron Constantin has been continuously dedicating its know-how and passion to creating shaped watches. From August to December 2012, Vacheron Constantin celebrates the 100th anniversary of its Tonneau-shaped watches with exhibitions throughout Asia. For the first time in Asia, a collection of 12 antique Tonneau-shaped watches, especially flown from Geneva, are being be presented. The exhibitions include one of the earliest Tonneau-shaped 18K yellow gold wristwatch from 1912, a Chronomètre Royal from 1968, a dual time of 1982 and a 1995 platinum piece with a power reserve display and calendar date indicator.
As a pioneer in Tonneau watchmaking, Vacheron Constantin has created numerous exceptional Tonneau-shaped watches for the world since 1912. Apart from the heritage watches three new models from the Malte collection and inspired by the original design are also exhibited: the new Malte tourbillon, Malte small seconds and the 100th anniversary commemorative timepiece issued in a limited edition of 100 pieces worldwide. All three models are the Manufacturer’s new interpretations of its Malte collection, symbolizing this century of form watch’s existence.
100th anniversary of the Tonneau-shaped watches exhibitions in Asia
- China, Shanghai : August 15th to August 19th
Vacheron Constantin Mansion
No. 796 Middle Huai Hai Road
- Thailand, Bangkok : September 6th to September 9th
Siam Paragon Shopping Complex
518/5 Ploenchit Rd
- Singapore : September 14th – Private Event
10 Jalan Kilang Timor #04-04
- Taiwan, Taipei : October 24th to October 28th
4F, No. 45, Shifu Road
- Taiwan, Kaoshiung : November 1st to November 15th
Formosa Shop for Exhibition
No 119, Da-Ung Road
- China, Hong Kong : November 28th to December 15th
Vacheron Constantin Boutique
Shop G8, Ground Floor, Prince's Building, 10 Chater Road, Central
- Korea, Seoul : December 17th to December 31th (except 28th)
Hyundai Department Store Main
429, Apkujung-dong, Kangnam-gu
Seoul, korea 135-724
- Korea, Seoul : December 21st
Hyundai Topaz Hall
Hyundai Culture Hall
450, Apkujung-dong, Kangnam-gu
Seoul, korea 135-724
- Korea, Seoul : January 2nd to January 6th
1F, Grand Hyatt Hotel
747-7 Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu,
Seoul,Korea , 140-738
Discover the new Malte collection celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Tonneau-shaped at Vacheron Constantin
Photo-captions:- The famous watch connoisseur Mr.Chang Wei graced Shanghai exhibition with its presence.
- From left : Mr & Mrs Jim Seah, Mr & Mrs Larry Wee, members of the Hour Club.
- One of the earliest Tonneau-shaped 18k yellow gold wirstwatch from 1012.
- The 100th anniversary commemorative watch issued in a limited edition of 100 pieces worldwide.