Wishing to assemble its forces hitherto spread out between various sites around Geneva, the brand launched an international architectural competition in 2001, which was won by French-Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi.
On August 9th 2004, after over 18 months of intensive work, Vacheron Constantin took possession of its new Manufacture and its new Headquarters in Plan-les-Ouates, Geneva, thereby marking a significant new stage in the development of the world's oldest watch brand in uninterrupted operation since 1755.
The building now brings together under one roof the administrative head
office and the production premises, employing 370 staff who are representative
of the various professions cultivated by Vacheron Constantin and of the
The daringly designed new Vacheron Constantin building combines a sense of dynamics with an aura of permanence. A metal envelope, symbolising the dynamics of time, tops a concrete structure embodying durability and continuity. The luminous interior volumes focus on accessibility and transparency, in order to ensure smooth flows between the various departments.
This purpose-built environment serves to guarantee corporate growth based on creativity and quality.
Vacheron Constantin, one of the rare reference brands within the select circle of Haute Horlogerie, now has a facility worthy of its stature.
10, chemin du Tourbillon
CH - 1228 Plan-les-Ouates
Tel. +4122 930 2005
Fax +4122 930 2006